Art has always been a big part of my life, eventually leading me to study graphic design in Montreal followed by the Alberta College of Art & Design (ACAD), graduating with a major in Visual Communications. It’s through my design training and career experience that my sense of colour and composition evolved.
After 30 years working in the design field, I began painting seriously in 2001 enrolling in a painting program at ACAD. I attended classes at the Heart Studio for several years and continue with the life long process of learning with ongoing workshops.
I paint in oil and my work is primarily impressionistic; inspired by a direct response to my world. When painting, I attempt to infuse the canvas with the energy I feel from my subject. I let the work evolve using colour to express light, illustrate perspective, represent mass and evoke mood.
Growing up in Eastern Canada, relocating to Alberta and finally moving to beautiful British Columbia, has offered me the great opportunity to appreciate the varied beauty of the Canadian landscape. I am inspired by the French Impressionists as well as several members of the Group of Seven and Tom Thomson and their ability to distill the Canadian essence.
• Webster’s Gallery Heart Studio Show 2003
• Tsunami Studio Joint Show 2004
• Perrenoud Ranch Centennial Show 2005
• Tsunami Studio Joint Show 2005
• The Calgary Stampede Western Art Show 2006-2008
• Perrenoud Ranch Show 2006-2007
• Tsunami Studio Joint Show 2006
• finalist in the 2008 Heritage Property Corporation Art Competition
• Gerry Thomas Gallery in Waterton Alberta
• Alberta Society of Artists Travelling Forest Show 2011
• The Calgary Artists Society Spring and Fall Shows 2003-2013
• Nanoose Bay Studio Tour Showcase (BC) – Spring 2013-2014
• FCA Fall Juried Show – 2013
• Art selected for cover of Fairwinds 2014 Water Conservation Calendar
• FCA Beach Club Resort Show, Parksville, BC – 2014
• FCA Spring Juried Show – 2014
My paintings can be found in private and corporate collections and can be viewed at TOSH 10 Studio + Gallery, 122 Fern Road West, Qualicum Beach, Vancouver Island, BC.