Art has always been a big part of my life, eventually leading me to study at the Alberta College of Art and Design (ACAD), graduating with a major in Visual Communications. It’s through this design training and career experience, that my sense of colour and composition has evolved.
After 19 years in the design field, I began painting seriously in 2001 enrolling in a painting program at ACAD. I attended classes at the Heart Studio for several years and continue with the life long process of learning with ongoing workshop.
My work is primarily representational and inspired by a direct response to my world. When painting, I attempt to infuse the canvas with the energy I feel from my subject. I let the work evolve using colour to express light, illustrate perspective, represent mass and evoke mood.
Growing up in Eastern Canada, relocating to Alberta and finally moving to beautiful British Columbia, has offered me the great opportunity to appreciate the varied beauty of the Canadian landscape. I am inspired by the French Impressionists as well as several members of the Group of Seven and Tom Thomson and their ability to distill the Canadian essence.
I’m represented by Arts on Atlantic Gallery in Calgary.
• Webster’s Gallery Heart Studio Show 2003
• Tsunami Studio Joint Show 2004
• Perrenoud Ranch Centennial Show 2005
• Tsunami Studio Joint Show 2005
• The Calgary Stampede Western Art Show 2006
• Perrenoud Ranch Show 2006
• Tsunami Studio Joint Show 2006
• The Calgary Stampede’s Western Art Show 2007
• Perrenoud Ranch Show 2007
• The Calgary Stampede’s Western Art Show 2008
• finalist in the 2008 Heritage Property Corporation Art Competition
• Gerry Thomas Gallery in Waterton Alberta
• Alberta Society of Artists Forest Show 2011
• The Calgary Artists Society Spring and Fall Shows 2003-2012
• Nanoose Bay Studio Tour Showcase – Spring 2013
My paintings can be found in private and corporate collections.